Sunday, November 6, 2011

Etched continues - The Journey to Lineage

The journey to Lineage

A few months ago I wrote, “…and so, for now, just the nearness of my own tropical garden, my garden of Eden/Paradise or whatever name I choose will be there for me when I look up. When my mind wonders, or when my eyes need a little break from staring at the screen of my lap top I’ll take my mini vacations in my miniature garden of paradise. I will do my mental and spiritual strolling among the healthy green leaves and with the back-drop of sheer cream voile and satin-trimmed curtains I’ll be at peace.  The curtains are sheer enough to let the light (wisdom) in and just thick enough to keep out prying eyes.

And so the journey continues…Lineage.

An Etched heart cannot be fully satisfied until all its desires are met.  Will the Etched hearts of the Ancestors be fully satisfied when Lineage is complete? 

Time; God’s time will reveal.”

When I wrote that I was basking in the satisfaction of having completed Etched. Since I wrote that so much has happened.  A few seasons have come and passed.  I’ve embarked on one of the most exciting adventures of my life. It has given me days and moments of almost indescribable happiness and joy. And yet, through all of those Etched moments I found time to write. Not as I wanted to but enough to remind myself that a writer lives and dwells within me. 

Now however a new season is fast approaching its time I dig my heels in, settle into my oasis (with all my wonderful memories) and do what gives me the greatest joy…write.

Lineage has been in my soul since I finished Etched.  I’ve been waiting until the moment was right but I also knew deep in my heart that I couldn’t force it, I couldn’t make it happen.  I had to wait until the call came.  The call came but I, because I had another agenda said, “Can you wait for a moment?  There’s this other project that I would like to see through to fruition and I promise you as soon as it’s done I’ll give myself over to you—undivided.”

The Ancestors gave me some time but alas they can't wait for ever.  They are ready.  The other project isn’t completed but it’s at a stage where it can and will stay incubated for a while.  Lineage and the Ancestors whispered in my ears again.  This time they allowed me to know that they've waited long enough.  Lineage has stayed incubated as long as it can and now…it’s time.

I know now I don’t have to force the writing or ‘create’ the right time. The whispering of my name is in the air.  I'm being called, my eyes feel misty, my heart has a certain exciting tug and my spirit is rejoicing.  Its saying, "Daughter of the Diaspora it's time."  It's not my time but Lineage’s time.  The early stages of “writing” labor has started.  I will go through this amazing labor. And with this renewed energy surging through my veins I will endure every brain numbing contraction, ever breath stopping push.  I will labor and ‘go through’ until the birthing process is completed.

I will trust the Ancestors to guide me.  I will give myself up totally, as with Etched, to this journey.  If this journey is anything like Etched I will, along the way, converse with the Ancestors, we will talk, laugh, cry and I will listen as the greatest Griots whispers the stories of my our past into my ears.  I will pour all that is in me into the telling of their story.  I am ready.  Its time!


Journey to Lineage






No comments:

Post a Comment